Dr. Steiner is passionate about helping patients and therapists live life to the fullest. She gives keynote addresses, leads workshops, is a motivational speaker, and consults with patients, organizations, practicing therapists, and health care workers.
"Dr. Steiner's work is important and should be shared with as many people as possible!"
— Sue Bender, author of the New York Times bestseller Plain and Simple and Everyday Sacred
This site includes a wide range of information and tools for psychotherapists including:
- The Medical Information Form™, a free, downloadable method for patients to keep track of their medication and emergency contact information
- Information about Dr. Steiner's therapy with individuals, couples, and groups to deepen interpersonal relationships
- The Therapist's Professional Will™: Guidelines for Managing Absence - This downloadable system takes the critical issue of providing therapeutic continuity for clients from concept to practical application. 6-hour law and ethics courses available to help participants meet the ethical requirement of planning for temporary or permanent absence from practice
- How to Create and Sustain Groups that Thrive: Therapist's Workbook and Planning Guide, an easy-to-use manual that helps readers form and maintain cohesive, durable and effective groups
- The Rollercoaster of Chronic Illness — How to Add Joy to the Ride, an inspirational podcast
- Recommended Readings
- Health Resources
- Articles about dealing with chronic pain, medical illness, therapy groups, and important issues for therapists
- Speaking engagements and consultation services for consumers, mental health professionals, medical professionals, attorneys and small business owners
Check out my You Tube clip (produced by the American Group Psychotherapy Association) about the benefits of group therapy, specifically for people with medical issues and illnesses.
Dr. Steiner is honored to be presenting a workshop, The Nuts and Bolts of Creating and Maintaining Groups that Thrive at the American Psychological Association’s Annual Convention August 9th
Join us for: An evening with Ann Steiner, Ph.D.
Hurwich Library Fall Event: Alliant San Francisco Campus
September 11th 6:00-8:00
Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide
This event is recommended for leaders of all types of groups - discussion groups, peer support, community organizations, and workplace teams. Open to the community.
BOOK LAUNCH !
Book Passages, Corte Madera, CA Saturday, July 14th
Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate the release of my latest book, Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide, Routledge Books, for leaders of work groups, coaches, managers, book and service clubs. This new book is also for leaders of community organizations, self-help groups, writer’s and critique groups, and students of the social sciences, among others. Like my popular book for therapists, this workbook and planning guide includes an overview of different kinds of groups, leadership strategies, tips for dealing with common group challenges, and more. These valuable tools will take you from defining your group's mission to helping your group thrive.
Order your copy today! 20% Discount Code: FLR40, Free Shipping, through your independent bookseller or Amazon.
DISCLAIMERS: This site is designed for educational purposes and does not accept or host any advertising. Dr. Steiner has written or approved of all the contents of this website, is the sole individual who pays for all aspects of the site, and is solely responsible for the editorial content. Information provided on this site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
National Speakers Association
This website complies with accepted disability access standards. Find out more information about the Accessibility of the website.